The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 29, 2018, 5:00pm
Please refer to Blue Sky's position announcement for a full position description.
The executive director has responsibility for shaping and implementing the policies of the board across every aspect of the organization. These responsibilities include:
Leadership and Partnership (35%)
- Provide leadership in the development, promotion, and achievement of Blue Sky’s vision, mission, strategies, and activities;
- Guide planning processes with members and manage all strategic initiatives;
- Lead collaborative processes with members and partners to determine future direction and priorities;
- Work with board leadership to design and facilitate board meetings; and
- Cultivate and maintain authentic relationships with partners in the nonprofit, academic, government, and philanthropic sectors.
Membership and Fundraising (35%)
- Lead efforts to cultivate, orient, nurture, retain, and expand membership;
- Secure funding for Blue Sky operations and initiatives and develop relationships with local and national funders for future growth opportunities;
- Prepare regular updates to keep Blue Sky leadership council, members, and advisors informed and engaged;
- Foster the growth and development of members and support their efforts to advance effective grantmaking strategies and approaches; and
- Prepare grant requests and reporting requirements as specified by funders.
Programs and Events (15%)
- Oversee and manage all design and implementation for Blue Sky programs and events;
- Partner with nonprofits and funder affinity groups to plan and co-host funder convenings; and
- Manage Blue Sky staff as it relates to programs and communications.
Administration and Financial Management (15%)
- Supervise and mentor Blue Sky staff;
- Work with board to create and manage the annual operating budget; and
- Partner with EGA to plan and track revenue and expenses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The executive director will be a proven leader, an excellent relationship builder, and a strategic thinker with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Deep understanding of and experience with the philanthropic community; environmental education, outdoor recreation, and children and nature fields; nonprofits; state and federal policy; public/private partnerships; and collaboration and collective impact;
- Demonstrated skills at managing and overseeing administrative and financial systems;
- Proven ability to fundraise;
- Ability to represent Blue Sky credibly in the philanthropic sector;
- Creative and innovative approach to collaboration and ability to navigate the needs of multiple stakeholders representing diverse interests and points of view;
- Experience leading diverse groups of stakeholders toward shared goals;
- Cultural competency and nuanced understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion issues;
- Excellent organizational, planning, coordination, and management skills;
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail;
- Humility and willingness to wear every kind of hat;
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful;
- Effective execution and follow-through and ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience working productively with boards and high-net-worth individuals;
- Familiarity and understanding of Google applications and the Microsoft Office suite; and
- Availability for travel and occasional work on evenings and weekends.