EV Adoption Fellow
Location: PG&E EV Team, San Francisco, California
Additional Pay: $1000 bonus upon program completion
Benefits: Health care coverage, assistance with student loan deferments, professional development, industry networking, end-of-program certificate of completion.
This EV Adoption Fellow position is supported through an innovative partnership between PG&E and Strategic Energy Innovations. Aimed at addressing the myriad of energy and environmental sustainability initiatives, this Fellowship model presents a distinct opportunity to shape energy efficiencies and sustainability practices across sectors and institutional roles.
At the core of this program is developing the next generation of thinkers and doers to help address sustainability in higher education settings. Roles in sustainability require a distinctive combination of aptitudes including project management, data analytics, and community development. In addition to the Climate Corps training and professional certificate, this position offers professional development opportunities designed to help provide the range of skills necessary to execute sustainable programs or practices.
The candidate will work on pressing climate and sustainability problems and be relied upon to work toward replicable solutions. A customized mix of on-the-job training, fieldwork, and class time will help the Fellow hone marketable skills and draw important professional connections while making a marked difference in their community.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
Develop pilot to support transportation electrification of medium- and heavy-duty fleet customers.
- Conduct outreach with MHD customers to better understand pain points and barriers to transportation electrification
- Work with CET team, internal teams, 3P vendors, and regulators to finalize
- Help draft Tier 3 Advice Letter to propose to the CPUC
Market Research and Pilot Development – Low Carbon Fuel Standard
- Conduct market research to understand the current transportation electrification needs of residential and non-residential customers
- Interview and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to identify and prioritize pilot ideas
- Support development of pilots into regulatory proposals
- Support regulatory approval process for the pilots
Dealership Outreach and pilot campaign – leveraging the statewide CFR’s dealership network, the fellow would work to better understand how to connect with dealerships to increase EV program education for sales teams. The fellow would also establish partnerships with used EV dealerships to gain insights into this market.
- Conduct outreach to dealerships (including used EV dealerships) in Empower EV cities and sign-up dealers to participate in the training program
- Design a curriculum to train dealership staff
- Track attribution of EV sales due to PG&E efforts
- Scope out how to scale to other cities in PG&E territory
- Availability for the full-time, 10-month Fellowship program, beginning in September 2021
- Climate Corps Fellows must have completed a 4-year degree by the time the program cycle starts in September 2021.
- A connection to the placement location. This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the region being served.
- Experience in and the drive to address racism and create race equity with the team members and programmatically.
- Related experience in fields related to climate action and strategic planning, energy efficiency, renewable energy, water conservation, and data analysis.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation to be available on-site.
- Ability to work remotely if required.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments, make independent judgments and/or decisions, and discern when action at a higher level is required.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and maintain an organized and well-communicated workflow.
- Has a deep passion for sustainability, especially climate resilience, with the practical skills and abilities to affect change in complex systems.
How to Apply:
HOW TO APPLY
To become a Fellow, please submit an online application and resume here: https://www.climatecorps.org/fellow.html
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until placements are filled. We encourage submitting applications as soon as possible. Upon review, qualifying applicants will be contacted for an initial screening interview.