Environmental Educator and Nature Based Childcare Instructor
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:McDowell Environmental Center
Share our 1,140 acres of forests, streams, waterfalls, and canyons in northwest Alabama with groups of students from all over the Southeast. Spend half your time doing nature-based childcare for a couple of camp staff children age 1-4 on our beautiful campus. The other half of the week, you'll spend as an instructor at MEC working with the students to foster a sense of community as well as an appreciation, understanding, and responsibility for the environment. The students at MEC, mostly in grades 3 - 8, come from a variety of backgrounds and visit our Center for one, two, or three-day programs.
Teach engaging, hands-on classes in the great outdoors, i.e., forest ecology, earth science, aquatic ecology, Native American history, canoeing, team building, and high ropes. Adapt the established lesson plans to match your teaching style and strengths. Have to opportunity to work and teach with our animal ambassedors in live animal programs.
Work with a team of passionate and friendly individuals from all accross the country. Work week is Monday-Friday with all weekends off. Building a strong and cohesive team is a cornerstone of our program. Two weeks of paid staff training provided!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience and/or excitement working with children ages 1-5 in the outdoors (comfrotablity changing diapers, risk management)
- Have a demonstrated respect and affinity for children and a desire to help them learn and grow in an outdoor environment.
- Have the following characteristics: enthusiasm, maturity, initiative, sense of humor, flexibility and team spirit.
- Be familiar with the outdoors and environmental issues.
- Possess/obtain current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- Be 21 years or older.
- Be able to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID.
- All employees will undergo a background check once hired.
- Benefits include meals and on-site housing.
- All instructors have private bedrooms, a shared bathroom, a community kitchen, a living room, laundry machines, and large porches with rocking chairs.
Position Start Date:
Monday, February 7, 2022
How to Apply:
If interested, email a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$300 per week plus full room and board. Private rooms.
205-387-1806 etx 108