The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 10, 2021, 4:00pm
Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center in Laconia, New Hampshire seeks a full-time Environmental Educator to implement environmental education programs both on site at our 160 acre property and through our off-site Naturalist in the Classroom program at local elementary schools. Program offerings also include on-site field trips, seasonal Community Connections programs and explore as you go self-directed programs. Weekly schedule is Tuesday through Saturday with some evenings required.
- Implement Naturalist-in-the-Classroom programs modeling place-based and inquiry learning through teaching, assisting, schools with correlating curriculum to NH Frameworks, keeping records of time spent on programs modeling place-based and inquiry learning through teaching, assisting schools with correlating curriculum to NH Frameworks, keeping records of time spent on programs.
- Work with Education Staff to plan, implement and evaluate adult-only or family programs (workshops, walks, etc.) on-site at Prescott Farm
- Take a leadership role on the education staff in planning and implementing food-related programs including gardening, food preservation, and cooking programs
- Care for existing education program materials, supplies, and equipment and develop new ones as needed
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum – Master’s Degree preferred in environmental education, education, environmental science or related field
- Experience in environmental educational program planning, development and implementation
- Experience working with people of all ages in an outdoor environmental education setting
- Areas of expertise may include ecology, natural history, gardening, farming, or other environmentally related topics. Preference will be given to candidates with food systems expertise.
- Ability to lead groups of children and adults in outdoor program settings including moderate level hiking/snowshoeing
- Creative and enthusiastic communication/presentation skills
- Flexibility to work one weekend day/week
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- First Aid & CPR certification
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check.
How to Apply:
Please send letter of interest, resume, and three references via e-mail to Jude Hamel firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATOR.’ No phone calls, please.