The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 5:00pm
Responsible for implementing environmental education programs through our off-site Naturalist-in-the-Classroom programs at local elementary schools (with occasional field trips from those schools to Prescott Farm), work as a camp instructor during our WildQuest winter, spring and summer day camps and plan/teach on-site seasonal public programs. This is a full-time, year-round, benefited position and includes working one weekend day per week (except during camp weeks).
- Implement Naturalist-in-the-Classroom programs including maintaining necessary annual paperwork, providing resources for teachers, modeling place-based and inquiry learning through teaching, assisting schools with correlating curriculum to NH Frameworks, keeping records of time spent on programs
- Work with Education Staff to plan, implement and evaluate public programs (workshops, walks, etc.) on-site at Prescott Farm
- Plan activities and lead groups of campers during February, April and Summer vacation camps
- Take care of existing education program materials, supplies and equipment as well as the development of new ones as needed
- Participate in weekly PFEEC staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum – Master’s Degree preferred in environmental education, education, environmental science or related field
- Experience in environmental educational program planning, development and implementation
- Experience working with people of all ages in an outdoor environmental education setting
- Areas of expertise may include ecology, natural history, gardening, farming, or other environmentally related topics.
- Ability to lead groups of children and adults in outdoor program settings including moderate level hiking/snowshoeing
- Creative and enthusiastic communication/presentation skills
- Flexibility to work one weekend day/week
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- First Aid & CPR certification
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must pass a criminal background check.
How to Apply:
Please send letter of interest, resume, and three references via e-mail to Jude Hamel firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATOR.’ No phone calls, please.