Environmental Education Virtual Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, October 22, 2020, 5:15pm
Missouri River Bird Observatory (MRBO) values diversity of all kinds and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The internship will begin from time of hiring until Jan. 30th, 2021.
- Flexible work hours totaling approximately 35 hours per week.
- This internship will be virtual, meaning that the hired applicant will work from home with regular virtual communication with an immediate supervisor as well as other MRBO staff.
- Includes a $400 per week salary paid twice per month
Our 2020 Environmental Education Intern will assist with a wide variety of tasks related to MRBO’s education and outreach work. They will be an integral part in accomplishing our mission and project deadlines. The main project that this intern will assist with is our Virtual Nature School program. We need the intern’s assistance with developing virtual lesson plans and weekly webinars to aid teachers, administrators, and students in the virtual-learning environment. They will also have the opportunity to help grow our Missouri Young Birders Club project that aims to bring together young Missourians to enjoy, experience and conserve birds and other wildlife. Our intern will work closely with our Education Coordinator to provide meaningful and important education to Missouri students and the public.
The ideal candidate pool includes:
- People who self-identify as being from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds
- People who currently live or have lived in Missouri or the immediate surrounds
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about environmental education
- Has general ecological understanding from former education or experience
- Is willing and able to work on social media
- Has basic online technology skills and understanding
- Has proficient editing and proof-reading skills.
- Would be willing to give online presentations with coaching
How to Apply:
To apply for the Environmental Education Virtual Internship, please submit a cover letter, current resume, contact information for two references, and fill out a brief questionnaire located on the website at mrbo.org/internships/. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email your resume, cover letter and reference information to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com .
Includes a $400 per week salary paid twice per month.
(660) 837 - 3133