Environmental Education Intern
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Teach environmental education programs to diverse audiences, including school field trips, middle school watershed education, preschool programs, outreach visits, nature-based day camp, adult and family programs.
- Participate in trainings on EE curricula, natural history, outdoor learning, behavior management, etc.
- Contribute to projects, such as planning and implementing of special events, organizational newsletter, caring for native plant gardens, live animal exhibits, trails and grounds.
- Engage in professional development opportunities to deepen understanding of nature, environmental education, nature center administration, including
- Assist with day-to-day operations of a vibrant nature center that serves over 10,000 visitors annually
- Acts as a building host during occasional weekend and evening rentals/events.
- Degree in environmental studies, education, early childhood education, sciences or related field
- Genuine interest in working with children in the outdoors
- Experience teaching environmental education or outdoor recreation is preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate with people of all ages and abilities in a positive manner
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
How to Apply:
More information is available on our website (www.asburywoods.org). Applicants please include a completed application, 1 page statement of interest, resume and a minimum of two professional or educational references.