Environmental Education: Field Instructor (Fall 2018)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, March 1, 2018, 12:00am
Website:Cal-Wood Education Center
Must be available: August 1st - June 7th
- Lead a learning group made up of 10-15 students during each school’s visit. Typical programs are three-day / two-night programs with 4th – 6th graders.
- Design, teach, and evaluate education programs in accordance with local curriculum standards.
- Incorporate math, history, creative writing, art and teambuilding into each program as requested by school.
- Work two meals and one night program (typically a night hike or campfire) each week. Note: Instructors are never asked to work overnight.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- High level of personal motivation for continued learning, personal responsibility for individual projects, and flexibility are necessary to meet the demands of a dynamic residential work schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, natural resource management, education, outdoor education, or other related field), as well as two years of experience in education.
- Work and live with a team of other motivated and passionate staff to support operations of a small non-profit organization.
- Ability to pass background checks.
- Ability to hike 1-4 miles daily, lift heavy objects, and maintain a positive attitude outdoors in all weather conditions.
- First Aid/CPR knowledge or willingness to get certified required. Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certifications a plus.
- Spanish ability is highly desired, but not mandatory.
Position Start Date:
Thursday, February 1, 2018
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Full-time instructors: $1,700/month, meals during programs, and housing stipend since housing is not provided. After 90 days employees qualify for 1/2 medical and full dental coverage.
303-449-0603 x 1