The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, October 28, 2021, 11:45pm
Website:Environmental Analyst Recruitment
The Environmental Justice Program at the Connecticut Department of Environmental and Energy Protection (CT-DEEP) is one of the oldest environmental justice programs in the nation! Since its’ creation in 1993, it has developed policy, strategies, and law in response to the needs identified by BIPOC communities and residents or urban areas. The policy of this Department is that no segment of the population should, because of its racial, ethnic, or economic makeup, bear a disproportionate share of the risks and consequences of environmental pollution or be denied equal access to environmental benefits. The Department is committed to incorporating environmental justice and equity into its program development and implementation, its policy making and its regulatory activities.
The Selected candidate will:
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of a statewide Environmental Justice Mapping Tool using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to analyze the DEEP permitting and enforcement programs. This includes geographic analysis of environmental pollution, emissions, enforcement, health disparities and socioeconomic indicators that may impact the health of a community.
- Provide technical and administrative support and interpretation to multiple stakeholders including but not limited to neighborhood groups, academia, local and state government agencies, and the business communities.
- Facilitate outreach and engagement activities to raise awareness and generate interest among EJ community partners and reporting on outcomes.
- Review and assess the impacts of and opportunities provided by its activities with regard to racial and ethnic minority groups and lower income residents.
- Engage with community organizations focusing on addressing environmental justice, disparities in health outcomes, inequities in living condition for communities of color, including Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Americans, immigrants, other People of Color (“BIPOC”), low-income communities, people with disabilities, and other historically disadvantaged people.
- Plan and facilitate meetings and workshops both virtual and in-person.
This is a unique position that will inform CT-DEEP on those areas that are overburdened with pollution and enable prioritization of those geographic areas for enforcement, planning, grant funding, technical assistance and targeted outreach and engagement.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Click here for more information: https://www.jobapscloud.com/CT/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=211006&R2=3407EE&R3=001
How to Apply:
Apply through the link: https://www.jobapscloud.com/CT/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=211006&R2=3407EE&R3=001
Salary: $60,272 - $87,039 Annually (New to State service start at minimum)