Education Programs Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 31, 2021, 12:30am
Keep Austin Beautiful seeks an Education Programs Manager to manage its award-winning environmental in-school, after-school, and resource education programs. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for the environment and excellent teaching, supervisory, curriculum development, communications, and project management skills.
Keep Austin Beautiful teaches K-12 youth the principles of litter abatement, recycling, composting, ecology, water conservation, sustainability, and more. The organization educates 12,000 students annually with the objective to promote environmental stewardship and develop youth leaders through hands-on activities and service-learning projects.
The Education Programs Manager will lead a team of highly-skilled and energetic educators; oversee the development, delivery, and evaluation of the Generation Zero Waste, Clean Creek Campus, and Activity Kits programs; and manage the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced education department with highly sought-after programming. The manager will serve on the leadership team of the organization and report to the Executive Director.
- Foster a positive work environment to recruit, retain, develop, and reward a highly effective education team.
- Update, maintain, and create educational curriculum and lead in classroom and out-of-classroom presentations and activities as needed to ensure program metrics are met.
- Monitor program budgets to ensure high value and efficient use of financial resources in program delivery
- Create monthly and annual reports for internal and external reporting and invoicing.
- Schedule and coordinate school presentations and service projects for the education team.
- Ensure that program design and implementation remain clearly aligned to the organization’s mission and strategic advancement, fulfill grant requirements, and respond to changing trends in environmental education.
- Maintain education online communications through WordPress, Gravity Forms, and MailChimp, and work with the communications team to develop social media and blog content.
- Lead the ongoing development and strengthening of existing partnerships with schools and community organizations and develop new partnerships to ensure that the organization is engaging all demographics and geographic areas of the city of Austin.
- Support the development team secure financial support for the organization through grants, foundations, individual and corporate contributions, and media opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental science, or a related field. Teaching certification is a plus.
- At least two years of experience hiring, training, and supervising staff; administering programs; managing budgets; and building partnerships.
- At least two years of experience teaching solid waste, water quality, native plants, urban ecology, or outdoor awareness to K-12 youth and adults in both formal and informal settings.
- Experience and knowledge leading litter abatement, restoration, and water quality service-learning projects.
- Familiarity and involvement with Austin’s environmental education community, specifically Cities Connecting Children to Nature, the Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee of Austin Independent School District, and the Texas Association of Environmental Educators are a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Google Suite required; experience with Zoom, WordPress, Gravity Forms, MailChimp, QuickBooks, and Little Green Light are a plus.
- Experience managing government contracts, creating annual work plans, preparing monthly invoices, and overseeing subcontractor projects is a plus.
- Proven leadership ability with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with diverse school and community partner stakeholder groups.
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking – is preferred.
- A flexible schedule is required, including some evenings and weekends.
Hours: This is a full-time position, which may require work on evenings and weekends to support events.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive and flexible work environment, full medical and dental benefits, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation, sick time, and mileage reimbursement. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Keep Austin Beautiful is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, including, without limitation, decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, corrective action, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are based on individual qualifications and/or other legitimate business factors, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age (40 and over), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
How to Apply:
Application Process: Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements and 3) how they learned about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read Education Programs Manager – Last Name No phone calls, please! Position open until filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis with the position to begin in mid-June.