The Education Internship provides interested individuals an opportunity to gain professional experience facilitating, planning, and developing educational activities and programs in nature-based settings, such as the San Elijo Lagoon. This position supports school and family learning programs that inspire curiosity, enhance inquiry skills, connect to nature, and empower participants to take actions to care for their environmental communities. This position engages and works with a diverse range of colleagues and youth audiences to promote Nature Collective’s mission and vision.
This internship position is part-time (15–20 hr/wk), 3–4 days per week (T–F, with occasional weekends.) Internship stipend provided on a monthly rate.
Responsibilities: Work with the education team to
- Assist in the facilitation of field-based and virtual activities and programs
- Help create and maintain a safe, equitable, and supportive learning environment
- Conduct program preparation and wrap-up, including site walkthroughs, cleaning and organization of materials, and follow-up with educators
- Contribute to the planning and design of program activities and assessment
- Adhere to and uphold all Nature Collective policies and protocols
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment
Learn more at https://naturecollective.org/interns/
How to Apply:
To learn more and apply for the Education Internship, visit https://naturecollective.org/interns/
Two internship periods available:
Spring: January–May 2023 (deadline for application 11/30/22) and Summer May–July (deadline for application 4/30/23.) There is potential for an internship to be extended up to 6 months.