Education and Outreach Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, April 18, 2020, 5:00pm
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
- Work with Public Education and Outreach Coordinator to implement outreach strategies that engage the public and promote the Storm Drain Artwalk.
- Represent the SWM Division at public events including farmer’s markets, festivals and regional outreach events.
- Write content for division communications, including e-newsletter, Facebook, press releases and other outlets as assigned.
- Assist in the creation and dispersal of outreach materials.
- Assist with Storm Drain Artwalk event planning and prep.
- Provide day-of support for artists during Storm Drain ArtWalk painting event on July 17th and July 18th.
- Coordinate volunteers as needed.
- Assist with post-event duties including evaluation and final reporting.
- Misc. support for water quality staff and SWM inspectors.
- Conduct research using computer and/or other methods.
- Phone contact with outside businesses and organizations.
- Create and update reports as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Entering junior or senior year of a four-year university or college program in art, communications, environmental studies, or related field. Graduate level students in these areas are also welcome to apply.
- Three years experience in the field can be substituted for college level coursework.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Physically fit; able to spend long periods of time standing; ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds of equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Must be available to work full days on July 17th and July 18th for the Storm Drain ArtWalk painting event.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Knowledge of Western Washington watersheds.
- Experience with graphic design (could be related to previous coursework).
Start date negotiable. The position will have a flexible schedule and is for up to 20 hours per week, for no more than 20 weeks.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit resume and letter of interest NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m. April 18, 2019
Address letter of interest Katherine Straus, Public Education and Outreach Coordinator at