Director of Treehaven Field Station
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, November 27, 2022, 11:00pm
Website:Treehaven at UWSP
Treehaven is a residential education and research conference facility that is a part of the College of Natural Resources. It is located between Rhinelander and Tomahawk, WI, resting on a glacial ridge overlooking 1,400 acres of forest and wetlands. The College of Natural Resources has approximately 1500 undergraduates, 40 graduate students, and over 130 faculty and staff. The College supports premier undergraduate natural resources programs with disciplines in Fisheries and Water Resources, Forestry, Human Dimensions of Natural Resource Management, Soil and Waste Resources, Wildlife Ecology, and the Department of Paper Science and Chemical Engineering.
Treehaven Director serves as leader, planner and strategist for Treehaven. This position oversees the day-to-day activities of Treehaven, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively. The Director provides leadership oversight and administrative direction to all facets of Treehaven including finance, communications, marketing, programming, dining, and facilities. The Director must be transparent, personable and someone who is very comfortable working independently while also teaming with the staff at Treehaven, the College of Natural Resources Leadership and community partners.
Serve as the liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups providing organizational information and representing the interests of Treehaven
- Develop and promote Treehaven as a residential professional development and educational facility.
- Coordinate with on-campus faculty and staff regarding the College of Natural Resources' (CNR) Summer Field Experience and other credit and non-credit offerings.
- Coordinate an advisory board for Treehaven composed of internal and external stakeholders.
Develop and audit administrative operating reports, budgets, policies, and procedures to comply with regulations, institution policies, and business objectives
- Create and maintain a budget model for the organization and all operational areas.
- Manage all Treehaven finances.
- Routinely review all Treehaven accounts.
- Work with CNR Financial Specialist on monthly account review and projections.
Supervise Field Station Staff & Operations
- Directly supervise the Kitchen Manager, Facilities Manager, Resident Ecologist, Program Manager, office staff, and volunteers.
- Oversee and maintain the day-to-day operations of the Field Station.
Direct, implement, and monitor strategic planning initiatives to ensure appropriate use of financial, administrative, and staffing resources
- Ensure adequate financial resources are available to maintain Treehaven operations throughout the year.
- Direct personnel resource allocation to ensure appropriate utilization of resources.
- Foster relationship building with stakeholders to meet the mission of Treehaven.
- Coordinate with CNR Development Director in support of Treehaven fundraising initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3 years of related professional experience in residential facility leadership or management
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in budget preparation and management
- Experience supervising personnel
- Experience developing funding streams
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, hospitality, camp/facilities management or other related fields
- Background in natural resources or land management
- 5+ years of progressive experience of residential facility management including:
- Food service operations
- Overnight accommodations
- Facilities operations
- Knowledge or experience in developing professional development opportunities, education, or outreach programming
- Experience in development and fundraising
Position Start Date:
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
How to Apply: