The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, November 12, 2021, 11:00pm
EcoRise inspires a new generation of leaders to design a sustainable future for all. Our school-based programs empower more than 400,000 youth each year to tackle real-world challenges in their schools and communities by teaching principles of sustainability, design innovation, and social entrepreneurship. EcoRise seeks an experienced curriculum professional to join our dynamic, fast-paced team of change-makers.
As EcoRise expands and deepens its programs across the United States, we seek an experienced instructional designer and project manager to join our team. Working closely with the Deputy Director and the Program Team, the Curriculum Specialist will execute a comprehensive resource development plan based on short- and long-term needs. The Curriculum Specialist will refine existing materials and create new instructional materials to meet a range of instructional and programmatic needs, including connecting new and existing materials to environmental justice and climate resilience, and designing additional student-facing materials with blended learning technology tools.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of complex concepts – ranging from sustainability, to climate and environmental justice, to blended-learning strategies and technologies – to create compelling instructional materials that complement and extend existing curricula and programs.
- Supervise copyeditor, designer, translators, and additional contractors as necessary to maintain high standards in publishing excellence and additional language needs.
- Maintain strict permissions protocols to guarantee EcoRise has the rights to incorporate any non-original works.
- Work with program team, contractors, and stakeholders to ensure that all instructional resources meet the current needs of teachers, students, and administrators.
- Effectively manage project budgets, tight schedules, freelancer contracts, and permissions.
- Regularly engage with program team staff to gain their input and feedback from the field; participate in periodic teacher professional development and student events to learn EcoRise methods and needs.
- Publish and manage courses via Dropbox and Canvas Learning Management System.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in instructional design.
- Superior knowledge of and proven experience in developing high-quality instructional materials, with a keen eye for design.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills that help represent and reach racially, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
- Experience with project management; excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail, with a high level of autonomy and self-accountability.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple, simultaneous projects on time with high quality results.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, ask thoughtful questions, and give and receive feedback.
- Committed to, knowledgeable of, and enthusiastic about the EcoRise mission and programs; familiarity with sustainability, environmental and climate justice, and public K–12 education systems.
- Fluency with Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core State Standards, Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, and/or Cloud Institute’s Education for Sustainability Benchmarks.
TIMELINE AND COMPENSATION
Project is expected to take 20-30 hours per week, from January through December 2022, with the possibility of an extension and/or full-time employment. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience, ranging from $30 - $40 per hour.
EcoRise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
How to Apply:
Learn more and submit your resume and cover letter at https://ecorise.careerplug.com/