Crane Conservation Naturalist Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 20, 2020, 1:00am
ICF Crane Conservation Naturalist Interns will gain valuable hands-on experience working with the Conservation Education Department and will:
- Develop and lead daily interpretive tours at ICF for visiting schools, community organizations, private groups, and the general public.
- Interact and assist with the sale of admission tickets, gift shop merchandise, annual memberships, and overall ICF site orientation on a daily basis.
- Assist in the completion of one or several projects related to the goals, work plan, and objectives of the ICF Conservation Education Department (e.g. help design and develop self-guided written or audio media; write, film and edit short films about ICF’s work; create, test, and evaluate interpretive programs; design interpretive wayside panels; assist in managing ICF’s volunteer program; organize and implement on-site events; or research policy related projects and initiatives, etc.)
- Plan, organize, market and execute one or more onsite events (Mother’s Day, Whooping Crane Day, Cranes of the World Festival, Good Neighbor Day).
- Provide outreach programs for local schools, civic groups, housing facilities, parks and festivals.
- Conduct duties associated with opening/closing the visitor center, exhibits, and gift shop on a daily basis.
- Achieve experience planning, designing, and evaluating interpretive programs and written materials.
- Learn about ICF project initiatives related to crane ecology, behavior, and husbandry; field conservation and ecology; and ecosystem restoration techniques and processes.
- Have the opportunity to volunteer with other departments and participate in job shadow experiences at ICF.
- Meet and work with a variety of international colleagues and professional staff at ICF.
ICF’s Crane Conservation Naturalist Internship begins February 24th, 2020 and runs through November 20th, 2020. A taxable $700/monthly stipend and comfortable on-site housing accommodations are provided at no charge. Applicants should be prepared to live in a co-ed communal living situation and be able to work outdoors everyday in all weather conditions found in Wisconsin. Naturalist interns will work weekends and will have two consecutive days off during the work week. The ICF campus is set in a rural Wisconsin setting at the edge of Wisconsin’s beautiful Driftless area and is adjacent to state parks and many nature oriented activity areas. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States at the time they apply. Candidates without a work visa must obtain one before they will be considered for an internship.
The International Crane Foundation achieves our mission by working with individuals, teams and communities in more than 50 countries. The ability to form cooperative relationships with people from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds requires ICF to seek and engage with staff, volunteers and associates who value and honor these relationships. ICF recruits’ individuals who have a true passion for our mission, regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical and mental abilities, and religious choice. Each person’s life experiences, backgrounds, thoughts and ideas makes ICF stronger. ICF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
B.A. or B.S. preferred. Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply, however studies relating to wildlife conservation, education, or biology are preferred. The applicant should have exceptional customer service, proficient public speaking skills and a strong desire to teach diverse audiences in a non-formal setting. Candidates should demonstrate an interest/background in the fields of interpretation, environmental education, conservation biology, ornithology, education, digital marketing, graphic design, film/documentary production, and other related fields.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a one page cover letter, resume (no more than two pages), and contact information for three references to ICFinternships@savingcranes.org with the subject line “Crane Conservation Naturalist Intern”
Positions are open until filled.