This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
RIEEA is seeking a Communications Manager who will be responsible for managing RIEEA’s marketing and communication strategies through various channels including, but not limited to, our website, social media, email campaigns, and Google Group. This position will play a vital role in expanding RIEEA’s digital reach, increasing community engagement, and improving communications to the public-at-large. The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator, creative thinker, and true team player who is committed to ensuring equity and accessibility in all of their communication efforts. This is a new, part-time position that will report directly to the Executive Director. This job posting can be found at https://www.rieea.org/were-hiring/
About RIEEA: The Rhode Island Environmental Education Association (RIEEA) is a collaborative network of individuals and organizations working to promote environmental education in both formal and nonformal settings. RIEEA is a small but rapidly growing organization. Learn more about us by visiting our website (www.rieea.org) and check out our 2021 annual report (www.rieea.org/annual-report/).
Our Mission: The mission of RIEEA is to promote high-quality environmental education throughout the state to increase the environmental literacy of all children and adults.
- Contribute to a collegial and collaborative work environment where the values of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility are central to the mission.
- Co-develop and implement a communications plan to strategically engage RIEEA’s audiences, raise awareness of environmental education, and successfully market RIEEA’s events, programs, and efforts.
- Write, edit, and distribute creative and relatable content that communicates RIEEA's mission, vision, and values while maintaining clear and consistent messaging and branding.
- Monitor and manage RIEEA’s social media platforms and engage with members, partners, and community members on a daily basis.
- Coordinate production of member e-newsletter monthly and email campaigns as needed.
- Update website content as needed, including writing and/or coordinating news/events and blog posts.
- Manage RIEEA’s Google Group and post relevant information as needed.
- Design graphics (e.g. infographics, fliers, social media banners, etc.) as needed.
- Establish metrics and track communication initiatives to measure effectiveness and success across communication platforms.
- Develop and distribute press releases and other communication efforts in collaboration with the Executive Director as needed.
- Attend the RIEEA Annual Summit (usually held in February) and other events as able.
- Provide monthly performance reports to the Executive Board.
- Maintain weekly communication with the Executive Director.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, or related field, or equivalent work-based skills and training. Lived experience considered over degrees.
- Eagerness to learn and grow professionally, to be honest and direct, and to bring positive energy and good humor to this new position.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work with a community of educators, advocates, and students with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing and proofreading; proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple projects on competing deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, and initiative.
- Ability to work independently as required but also to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated experience with a wide range of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Familiarity with Wordpress and MailChimp.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Canva or similar graphic design program.
Compensation: $20-$25/hour, depending on experience. This is a new position funded for six months with anticipated renewal depending on additional funding. Anticipated start is mid-September. Our hope is that this position will evolve with RIEEA’s growing needs.
Work Schedule and Location: Actual work schedule is flexible and negotiable, with an average of 15 hours of work/week. RIEEA maintains an office at the Social Enterprise Greenhouse Hub, 10 Davol Square, Suite 100, Providence. Work may be done remotely as needed/desired. Some meetings during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) require in-person attendance and can be scheduled according to availability. Occasional attendance at weekend and evening events requested.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email the following to Jeanine Silversmith, Executive Director, at email@example.com:
- cover letter
- 3 writing samples (e.g. original social media post, blog post, press release, flier, etc.)
- 2 references that can speak to your strengths regarding this position
All applications will be reviewed as they are received. This position will remain open until filled. RIEEA is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. RIEEA is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification.