Coastal Camp Manager
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 3:00am
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise 5-10 education staff
- Respond to camp emails and phone calls
- Co-lead staff training
- Inventory, order and maintain camp supplies
- Create and update curriculum and camp materials
- Primary responder on radio for staff and camper concerns
- Relay challenging behavior and health concerns to guardians
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience or training in equity and inclusion work
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience developing environmental education curriculum and activities
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain certification before beginning employment
- Valid driver's license
- Experience hiring, training and supervising
- Experience with restorative justice practices and conflict resolution.
- Experience working with currently and historically marginalized groups
- Involvement in community service projects, leadership, environmental and social justice
- Skills in customer service and external communication
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office and database software
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The work can be done remotely until May.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates both in a professional office environment and in an outdoor setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly stand; walk up to 7 miles on uneven terrain. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
How to Apply:
NatureBridge is an equal opportunity employer. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a high priority. Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest and resume. Apply through Formstack here or our website coastalcamp.org/jobs No calls, faxes, or printed materials, please. No agencies, please. Applications are due no later than January 6 at 5 pm.
$16.25 per hour. Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, retirement plan, plus vacation, holiday and sick leave plans. Housing in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area