CLOSED: Community Programs Coordinator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
*Hiring for this position is closed.*
Tracy Aviary inspires curiosity and caring for birds and nature through education and conservation. We are seeking an individual with enthusiasm for engaging with new audiences to help us think outside of our existing partnerships. This individual will use their creativity and organization skills to bring new approaches to Tracy Aviary’s role in communities.
Tracy Aviary seeks candidates who are able to start in May of 2021.
The duties of this 40-hour a week position will involve establishing and maintaining partnerships with community organizations and individuals to ensure educational program content is co-created with community members. Duties include:
- Collaborating with partners and Tracy Aviary staff to plan programs; examples of partners include public libraries, scouting organizations, and other non-profit organizations that engage community members
- Planning out-of-school programs for teens
- Facilitation of in-person programs and interpretation
- Facilitation of online distance learning
- Managing Education Department volunteers
- Writing curriculum and creating program materials (graphics, activity sheets)
Coordinating with marketing staff to promote programs
This position will be involved in programs that occur off of Tracy Aviary grounds, and at both of our locations: Tracy Aviary and Botanical Garden and Tracy Aviary’s Jordan River Nature Center in South Salt Lake. When not facilitating programs at a particular location, this staff member will typically split their “desk work” time between the two locations. Some work may be completed remotely as needed.
Please note that this position does not involve any direct contact with animals.
$13-$14.50/hr depending on experience
- Experience in community engagement
- Experience in education
- Interest in nature and ecology
- Effective in working with others and managing time efficiently
- Highly motivated and innovative, well organized, eager to take on new tasks and meet commitments
- Ability to work full-time on a non-traditional schedule, either Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Spanish
- Skills in presenting to mixed age groups
- Familiar with Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Familiar with Zoom and Google Meet
Familiar with basic graphic design and use of Canva graphic design platform
Familiar with learning assessment tools and strategies
Certification in CPR and First Aid
How to Apply:
Position available starting April 2021. Open until filled.
Applications are being accepted immediately. No telephone calls please. Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Anne Terry, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If needed, application materials can also be accepted at Tracy Aviary’s front desk. 589 E 1300 S, Salt Lake City, Utah 84105
Visit www.tracyaviary.org for more information about Tracy Aviary.