The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, July 31, 2022, 10:00pm
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is seeking Safari Guides to assist with the Sleeping Bag Safari Education program, which hosts overnight educational programming year-round. Programs are held during the week as well as over the weekend. Commitment to a regular day of the week is preferable. You must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 overnights a month. Mandatory training sessions will be held prior to scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Organizing materials for the evening events.
- Responsible for leading the programming and interpreting information to the public.
- Must familiarize themselves with their assigned group each evening.
- Responsible for facilitating an educational program during the entirety of the campout.
- Required to stay for the full overnight.
- Overnights will involve basic facility maintenance.
- Leaders must communicate with the group, supervisors, and overnight security.
- Assist in the registration and scheduling process for campout programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be available for both weeknight and weekend night campouts.
- High School Graduate or GED is required. Biology, environmental, wildlife, or education background recommended.
- Able to exhibit excellent leadership and communication qualities.
- Able to work independently and in group settings.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to different circumstances.
Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check with a good driving record, and a tuberculosis test.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Will sometimes work extended/odd hours including weekends, holidays, and some weeknight programs.
- Must be able to walk long distances across the zoo.
- Will work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Able to work in inclement weather conditions including but not limited to; high and low temperatures, sun, snow, ice, wind, rain, mud and/or dust.
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, twist, reach above head and climb.
- Will lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50pounds using safe and proper lifting methods.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.
How to Apply:
To apply please go to OmahaZoo.com/WorkHere website and submit resume and coverletter. Applicants will be notified if skills match positions and interviews to be set up.