The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, February 19, 2021, 11:45pm
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is seeking Safari Guides to assist with the Sleeping Bag Safari Education program, which hosts overnight educational programming year round. Programs are held during the week as well as over the weekend. Commitment to a regular day of the week is preferable. You must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 overnights a month. Mandatory training sessions will be held prior to scheduling.
Job Title: Campout Leader
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is seeking Safari Guides to assist with the Sleeping Bag Safari Education program, which hosts overnight educational programming year round. Programs are held during the week as well as over the weekend. Commitment to a regular day of the week is preferable. You must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 overnights a month. Mandatory training sessions will be held prior to scheduling. This position reports directly to the Education Program Manager of Wildlife Safari Parks and Overnight Experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Organizing materials for the evening’s events.
- Responsible for leading the programming and interpreting information to the public.
- Must familiarize themselves with their assigned group each evening.
- Responsible for facilitating an educational program during the entirety of the campout.
- Required to stay for the full overnight.
- Overnights will involve basic facility maintenance.
- Leaders must communicate with the group, supervisors, and overnight security.
- Assist in the registration and scheduling process for campout programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be available for both week night and weekend night campouts.
- High School Graduate or GED is required. Biology, environmental, wildlife, or education background recommended.
- Able to exhibit excellent leadership and communication qualities.
- Able to work independently and in group settings.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to different circumstances.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving history.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Will sometimes work extended/odd hours including weekends, holidays and some week night programs.
- Must be able to walk long distances across the zoo.
- Will work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Able to work in inclement weather conditions including but not limited to; high and low temperatures, sun, snow, ice, wind, rain, mud and/or dust.
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, twist, reach above head and climb.
- Will lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds using safe and proper lifting methods.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit www.OmahaZoo.com/WorkHere