Camp & School-Age Programs Director
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center in Laconia, NH seeks a fun and affable leader to join our team and advance our mission of connecting elementary and middle school students to the natural world through hands-on learning.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned environmental educator with experience working in a camp environment and demonstrated enthusiasm for nature, program administration, and elementary education.
The Camp & School-Age Programs Director is responsible for implementing Prescott Farm programs that provide nature-based educational experiences for school-aged children ages six to sixteen years-old. Programs include WildQuest day camps offered during winter, spring, and summer school vacation weeks; the Naturalist in the Classroom program, which fulfills educational contracts in local schools during the school year; school field trips at Prescott Farm; and Community Connections programs designed to appeal to kids year-round.
- Plan and facilitate February, April, and Summer WildQuest Camp sessions (11 weeks)
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise camp staff
- Collaborate on and maintain accountability to annual camp budget
- Enforce camp safety rules and regulations/state camp licensing requirements
- Applying for annual camp license renewal and meet with state camp inspector (random visit during the summer) to go over license compliance checklist.
- Work with marketing staff to promote camp and drive enrollment
- Coordinate online camp-registration
- Update camp handbooks annually
- Manage camp scholarship program
- Collaborate with Development Director on grant applications related to camp programs
- Coordinate summer camp t-shirt design, ordering & printing
- Conduct evaluations at the end of camp sessions and summer camp season
- Participate in meetings and trainings provided by professional associations to ensure that Prescott Farm is following best practices
- Facilitate communications with camp families before, during, and after the camp season
- Teach hands-on, nature-based programs to elementary and middle school-aged children throughout the school year
- Coordinate the Naturalist in the Classroom Program offered in area schools including meeting with teachers and administrators; finalizing contracts; supervising program staff; tracking activity; soliciting feedback, and providing written reports to schools and funders
- Coordinate and lead school field trips at Prescott Farm and occasionally at other sites
- Coordinate and lead Community Connections programs at Prescott Farm designed to appeal to school-aged youth
- Represent Prescott Farm and our programs at events and other activities both at Prescott Farm and in the larger community throughout the year.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in environmental, wilderness, adventure, or outdoor education.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s Degree preferred – in environmental education or related field.
- 2 or more years’ experience as a camp director in a similar setting
- High-level first aid training (Wilderness First Responder Certification preferred)
- Ability to do moderate level hiking and snowshoeing
- Must pass Criminal Background Check
- Strong naturalists’ skills and demonstrated understanding of New England natural history
- Creative and enthusiastic program development and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills with regard to coordinating and scheduling programs, projects, maintaining files, reports and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and supervise staff.
How to Apply:
Please send letter of interest, resume, and three references via e-mail to Jude Hamel, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘CAMP & SCHOOL-AGE PROGRAMS DIRECTOR.’ No phone calls, please.