The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, August 31, 2022, 11:00pm
Title: Camp Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time Employee / Exempt / Salaried
Reports to: Education Director
Direct Reports: Educator, Seasonals, Interns, Volunteers
Location: Brighton, Colorado
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000 annually, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Eligible – paid time off, 403b w/match, medical, dental & vision insurance
Purpose: The Camp Manager builds community around the Bird Conservancy’s work and mission through developing and implementing camp programs and assisting with year-round education programs.
About the Organization:
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies conserves birds and their habitats through an integrated approach of science, education and stewardship. Our work extends from the Rockies to the Great Plains, Mexico and beyond. Our mission is advanced through sound science, achieved through empowering people, realized through stewardship and sustained through cross-border collaborations. We monitor and identify population trends, research habitat needs, engage landowners and managers in wildlife and habitat stewardship, and inspire audiences of all ages to be better stewards of the land. Together, we are improving native bird populations, the land, and the lives of people. Learn more about our work and programs at our website: www.birdconservancy.org
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Foster the growth of Bird Camps by:
- Planning, marketing, leading, and evaluating day and overnight camps for 4-17-year old’s, including living onsite in shared space with overnight campers
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Leaders-in-Training program, a summer camp volunteer/leadership program for 13-17-year-olds
- Oversee licensing of overnight camps and exemption for day camps
- Lead implementation and delivery of community environmental education programs
- Assist with other education programs and committees as needed
- Create and manage a budget for camp programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of camp industry standards, regulations, and risk management
- Experience and interest regarding bird identification and the natural history of birds and their habitats
- Excellent organizational, logistical and time-management skills
- Strong work ethic coupled with excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, life sciences, environmental interpretation, or education; or equivalent experience
- Experience coordinating environmental education/interpretation programs in formal and non-formal outdoor classroom settings
- Experience and confidence delivering scientific messages to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience with safely transporting children in 15-passenger and other rental vehicles.
- Experience coordinating and supervising a diverse educator pool.
- Minimum of Wilderness First Aid Certification or the ability to acquire once hired (Wilderness First Responder preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage members of the BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and other underrepresented communities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other class protected by law.
Bird Conservancy is committed to protecting and enhancing the welfare of its employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a condition of employment, all newly hired employees must provide to Bird Conservancy’s human resources representative either proof of full vaccination at employment start date or agree in written form to weekly testing until further notice. Any proof of vaccination or weekly test results submitted to Bird Conservancy will remain confidential.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume with three professional references in one document to email@example.com with the subject line Camp Manager.
Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2022. We will review applications on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.