Biology & Visitor Services Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:45pm
The Willapa National Wildlife Refuge Complex is recruiting one full-time (40 hours/week) intern to contribute to our Biology and Visitor Services programs. The intern will gain hands-on experience alongside park rangers, wildlife biologists, refuge managers, and others.
The Biology & Visitor Services Intern will have the unique opportunity to work across multiple departments, gaining experience and knowledge in variety of refuge programs. The intern will assist the refuge biology team by participating in shorebird surveys, green crab trapping, invasive species surveys, and mapping efforts. As well as tree plantings, native coastal prairie plant restoration, and invasive plant removal. The intern will also work with the visitor services team to implement the Wings Over Willapa annual bird festival, coordinate volunteers, and begin planning efforts for the environmental education program. There will also opportunities to lead nature hikes, do outreach in the local community, and contribute to social media.
Youth hire, must be between the ages of 18-30 (35 for veterans)
• Ability to work independently and in small teams; have good observational and communication skills
• Ability to work with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and morning/evening shifts
• Undergrad coursework in biology, environmental science, recreation & park management, social science, communications, or related
• U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident
• Valid driver’s license
• Willingness to follow federal COVID-19 policies and guidance
Compensation & Benefits:
• $1,600 monthly living stipend
• Free co-ed bunkhouse style lodging with laundry and utilities included (sorry, no pets) located at Julia Butler Hansen Refuge in Cathlamet, WA
• Professional development, training, and networking opportunities
• Work vehicle and equipment provided (Intern is responsible for personal transportation needs; having a personal vehicle is necessary)
How to Apply:
Email application package as a single PDF file to Hope Presley at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10, 2022, that includes:
• Cover letter that addresses the listed qualifications as well as interest in the position
• Resume documenting your work and volunteer experience, education, skills, interests, contact information, etc. (please keep to two pages)
• Contact information for three professional references (please include email and phone number for each)
Please save and send your application package as WNWRC_InternApp2022_LastFirst
Interviews will be held during the week of June 20 and/or June 27.