Assistant Preschool Teacher
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and plan appropriate nature-based lessons and activities with the Lead teacher and Preschool Programs Director.
- Communicate openly with parents/guardians about the Fledglings program
- Collaborate in monitoring and assessing students enrolled in the Fledglings Nature-Based Preschool program.
- Support and mentor volunteers who participate in the program.
- Fulfill all legal and professional obligations as mandated by NH state licensing laws and educational professional development requirements.
- Respect and comply with Fledglings Rules and Policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preschool Assistant Teacher Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education, environmental education, education or related field
- Experience in educational program planning, development and implementation
- Have a minimum of 1000 hours experience working with children in a licensed childcare program or public or private elementary school
- An active interest and passion for natural history and gardening, and a commitment to integrating a developmentally appropriate learning environment with nature as the main focus
- Creative and enthusiastic communication/presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to perform tasks requiring physical exertion indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions, and on varied terrain while supervising young children
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, pull, push, sit without back support, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and 10-35 pounds frequently
- Must pass a criminal background check
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and 3 references via e-mail to:
Courtney Coppi, Preschool Programs Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Hourly $17-$19 per hour. Paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time, and flexible spending account.
Courtney Coppi, Preschool Programs Director