ACE Interpretation Member
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 12:00am
American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service, is seeking TWO Interpretation Members to serve within the Interpretation and Visitor Services Division at Fort Pulaski National Monument, in Savannah, Georgia.
Duties for this position may include:
- Staffing the visitor information desk
- Answering routine visitor questions and providing information and directions to the public
- Providing informal interpretation and safety information while roving in the fort and on park trails
- Providing guided tours, walks, and talks for the general public and special groups
- Assisting with the park's education program by providing curriculum-based programming to educational field trips
- Assisting with public outreach via the development of content for social media, the park website, and printed publications
- Assisting with special events, including living history events and historic weapons demonstrations
This individual placement is meant to facilitate professional development and promotes exposure to land management agencies and networking with professionals. This could include gaining experience in different conservation fields and shadowing different work groups.
Living Allowance: The ACE Member is expected to contribute ~40 hours/week and will receive a living allowance of $450/week to offset the costs of food, housing, and incidental expenses, dispersed bi-weekly.
Housing: Housing is the responsibility of the member and not provided by ACE or NPS.
AmeriCorps: This position may be eligible for a 900-hour AmeriCorps Education Award (~$3,047.50) upon successful completion of service hours. Additional enrollment and volunteer service is required.
Schedule: 40 hours per week for the 28-week long commitment. Schedule will be from 8:45am - 5:15 pm, five days per week. Weekend service is required. The member may request time off within reason.
*local candidates are encouraged to apply*
- Willing and able to represent ACE and the partner organization in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner.
- Ability to be both self-directed/work alone, and be a positive, contributing member of a group.
- This position is funded through the Public Land Corps Act which has specific program requirements.
- Must be 18-30 years of age to apply.
- Military Veterans up to 35 are encouraged to apply.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Willing to undergo and must pass required criminal history checks.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A personal vehicle is required as there is not public transportation available to and from the park.
- Must be able to interact successfully with visitors from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be willing to handle serving both indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Southern Georgia is hot and humid in summer.
- Experience teaching/interacting with children
- Experience in public speaking, teaching, environmental or cultural education, or interpretation
- Some knowledge or the willingness to quickly learn--the history of the United States, including but not limited to the United States Civil War, the American Revolution, Reconstruction, and the history of southeastern United States, especially the Georgia and the South Carolina coasts.
EEO: American Conservation Experience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Conservation Experience complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, a cover letter demonstrating your interest and experience, and contact information for three professional/academic references to the online application page for this position here: https://usaconservation.applicantpool.com/jobs/.
Early consideration will be given as resumes are received. This position may close at any time. If you have any questions regarding this position please feel free to contact ACE EPIC Member Coordinator, Deidra Goodwin at email@example.com.