4-H Environmental Education Program Coordinator-Fortson
This is a highly responsible position providing coordination, management, supervision, customer service, delivery, and promotion of programs. This position is responsible for operations of the Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Program at Fortson 4-H Center in Hampton, Georgia. This includes hiring seasonal environmental education program instructional staff, supervision and training of staff, and daily operation of residential and day-use programs for school audiences in grades K-12.
- Skill in teaching a wide variety of subjects to youth 6-18 years old.
- Broad knowledge of outdoor education and ability to work in an outdoor setting.
- Work with and care for reptiles and amphibians.
- Communicate effectively with youth, adults, and young adults.
- Work independently.
- Effectively market and promote programs to school administration, boards of education, teachers, and Cooperative Extension personnel.
- Proficiency in written and spoken communication.
- Adequate computer skills to maintain email, use booking software, and printed communication with groups.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Trained in or willing to achieve certification in high and low ropes facilitation, FA/CPR/AED, FA/CPR/AED Instructor, and Lifeguarding.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
How to Apply: